Published August 5, 2023
Founded in Paris in 1978, Laboratoires FILORGA is a true pioneer in aesthetic medicine. Over the years, FILORGA's collections of anti-aging treatments may have greatly expanded, but they've always stayed true to the brand's core identity and preserved the legacy of Dr. Michel Tordjman, whose polyrevitalizing mesotherapy injections provided effective treatment for the root causes of skin aging from the company's beginnings.
Today, every one of our formulas contains meticulously selected cosmetic ingredients directly inspired by techniques employed by the world's leading aesthetic doctors and dermatologists.
Here, we'd like to talk about five ingredients we use in our anti-aging skincare treatments. Inspired by practices in aesthetic medicine and dermatology, these ingredients are either the same as those found in injections or have the same effect on the skin.
Hyaluronic acid remains a go-to molecule in the fields of aesthetic medicine and anti-aging skincare. It occurs naturally in the body, most notably in the skin, which holds around 50% of the body's total hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid has a number of unique properties:
- It swells with water like a sponge, filling empty spaces and acting like a shock absorber
- It keeps the skin hydrated and plump
- It plays a role in tissue repair
- Used in dermal fillers, it replenishes lost volume and counters the development of wrinkles
Providing the skin with hyaluronic acid on a daily basis means it can stay optimally hydrated and protect against the signs of skin aging.
Depending on the desired results, Laboratoires FILORGA includes up to five different kinds of hyaluronic acid in its formulas (cross-linked, encapsulated, low, medium, and high molecular weight). Our HYDRA-HYAL SERUM is made using a complex that utilizes a variety of molecular weights for moisturizing, smoothing, and plumping properties.
Peptides are essential molecules and are found everywhere in nature. They occur naturally in the human body and therefore in the skin.
Peptides are tiny proteins made up of just a handful of amino acids. The number of peptides is immense given the countless possible combinations of amino acids. They have very distinct roles and mechanisms of action depending on their structure:
- Some peptides can inhibit muscle contraction signals and keep muscles relaxed. This is true of peptides that mimic botulinum toxin, which is used in cosmetic injections to help ward off wrinkles.
- Others play a crucial role in skin regeneration. They send a message to the cells of the dermis to stimulate collagen synthesis and improve wrinkles.
- Also, some peptides, like glutathione, are antioxidants.
Our TIME-FILLER 5-XP face cream uses a combination of two peptides to loosen and plump, providing an effective anti-aging treatment for five types of wrinkles.
AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid. AHAs are found in fruit and plants, like lemons (citric acid), apples (malic acid), and sugar cane (glycolic acid). They have long been used by aesthetic doctors for chemical peels and are known for their immediate effectiveness.
The properties of AHAs vary depending on their concentration:
- At low concentrations, they are used as moisturizers.
- At high concentrations, they are used as exfoliants to remove dead cells.
By stimulating cell renewal, AHAs restore glow to the complexion, smooth the skin, and help reduce hyperpigmentation. Their use also improves the penetration of other anti-aging treatments.
At FILORGA, we use a combination of different AHAs in our products at an exact concentration of 4.5% in order to ensure effectiveness and safety while still being perfectly suitable for sensitive skin.
Our SCRUB & MASK contains AHAs and restores the complexion’s glow while refining and smoothing the skin.
Plants are host to an incredible diversity of antioxidants. The best known include vitamins C and E, polyphenols, and minerals such as zinc and selenium. While all fruit, vegetables, plants, and spices contain antioxidants, certain foodstuffs like green tea or turmeric are particularly high in antioxidants.
Antioxidants help counter oxidative stress. When oxidative stress is too high, cells deteriorate; their metabolism slows down, and they can't regenerate as well. This in turn leads to cellular compounds such as collagen and elastin breaking down, which causes the skin to lose its suppleness and age prematurely.
Antioxidants constitute a powerful defense system for our cells, and making sure the skin has enough of them helps it maintain its glow, counter oxidative stress more effectively, and ward off the signs of aging.
A number of our anti-aging treatments contain antioxidants:
- HYDRA-AOX  serum is formulated with 5 powerful anti-aging antioxidants (vitamin B3 or niacinamide, vitamin C, vitamin E, ergothioneine, and astaxanthin) to shield your skin from external aggressors and revitalize your complexion.
- NCEF-INTENSIVE serum combines vitamins A and C to improve skin tone and glow while providing intensive wrinkle correction.
- Our GLOBAL-REPAIR cream contains minerals that act on all signs of skin aging.
This category of ingredients includes amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. We've already talked about some because of their antioxidant properties, but that's not the only benefit they provide.
One good example is vitamin C. As well as being a highly valued antioxidant, it also stimulates the production of collagen, which helps keep skin smooth. It also helps to diminish the appearance of blemishes, improving complexion consistency.
Another example is our flagship complex NCEF [New Cellular Encapsulated Factors], which was inspired by mesotherapy injections. To both help the skin regenerate and provide all the nutrition it needs, NCEF includes:
- Amino acids. These are the primary constituents of collagen and elastin, the proteins that give the skin its tone and suppleness.
- Coenzymes. These trigger responses that, for example, lead to cell repair.
- Minerals (magnesium, sodium, etc.). These are essential for building new tissue, maintaining the body's water balance, etc.
- NCEF is found in all of our treatments*, and of them all, the NCEF skincare collection has the highest concentration of NCEF.
At FILORGA, we are proud of our heritage and committed to producing high quality anti-aging treatments based on extensive research and top scientific expertise. We strive to provide products that meet our customers' expectations in terms of effectiveness, innovation, and safety.
*except our sheet masks, micellar solution, and foam cleanser.